"Be still, and know that I am God" - Psalm 46:10
The little things in life always have a way of bringing me joy far out
of proportion to their size. Of course, in order to find these treasures I
must slow down, be observant, and forget about life's complexities. Not always
a simple task in today's hectic lifestyle, but the rewards are worth
Below are some simple pleasures that warm my heart and calm my soul.
They bring peace and stillness to life's chaos, and help keep me close to God.
If you don't have your own list, begin today. Take time to slow down; look and
listen for the simple things in life. You'll find it makes a world of
difference, and you just might see a different world.
* The soothing pulse of a gentle rainfall
* A rainbow's arc of soft color after the rain
* A golden sunset's awesome splendor splashed across the sky
* The graceful, carefree flight of a butterfly
* Bright, shiny stars on a clear summer night
* Songs sung by a chorus of birds
* Curling up in a comfy chair with a good book
* Putting worshipful music on the stereo, slapping headphones on, and
shutting out the rest of the world while listening to glorious music praising God
* Taking a walk
* Taking a walk with my spouse, hand-in-hand
* Taking a walk with a child, rediscovering the joy and wonder of God's
creation through their eyes
Lord, open our eyes to the simple things in life.